Hakata Station area webcam

bikkuri bahn

Nice! I just witnessed the sunrise of the 15th in Japan on the night of 14 November in The Netherlands, gives of a real weird feeling. While watching I made a few screenshots, so even trainspotting in Japan while being at the other side of the earth is possible now! :grin  :cool:

When I'll check again tomorrow morning, the sun is probably already setting (or set).

Anyone interested in the few trains I've seen passing by? (I don't know all series numbers, but know a few, I can at least post the screenshots)

Great find, Bikkuri bahn!

while JR Kyushu's rolling stock isn't really my thing (with exeption of the remaining 415系) , the Shinkansen section however, does have some variation (saw a 100系 K-set the moment I opened the link so all is good! :grin ) with the Kyushu Shinkansen and Hakata-Minami line providing a nice mix of JR west (depot runs and extension runs from the Sanyo Shinkansen) and KR Kyushu Shinkansen.

I am quite suprised by the amount of traffic on the Kyushu Shinkansen though, judging by the amount of 800系 and 8-car N700系 sets I saw. I always thought the Kyushu Shinkansen was one of the lesser performing Shinkansen, guess I got that wrong :cheesy.

• Like 1
I am quite suprised by the amount of traffic on the Kyushu Shinkansen though, judging by the amount of 800系 and 8-car N700系 sets I saw. I always thought the Kyushu Shinkansen was one of the lesser performing Shinkansen, guess I got that wrong

Regarding passenger demand:

West Japan Railway Co. has spent ¥30 billion to double the number of bullet trains on its most profitable route to compete with airlines serving Kyushu.

The company will add 10 new trains on the shinkansen line by the end of March, Managing Executive Officer Tatsuo Kijima said Thursday in Tokyo. The trains will make the 933-km trip from Osaka to Kagoshima using an extension that opened in March.

JR West aims to boost its share of travelers between Osaka and Kagoshima by 10 percent to 50 percent, helped by the new line cutting an hour off the rail trip, Kijima said. Demand on the line and a quicker-than-expected travel recovery following the March earthquake and tsunami in the Tohoku region have already prompted JR West to raise its annual profit forecast twice.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20111115n3.html

Hi, I really enjoy to look at this webcam but over the last 3 or 4 weeks the camera has been OFF AIR.

Does anyone have any information about if this will be back? Any details about this situation would be very welcome.

Thanks

Edited by dabsan

Hello Mr dabsan,

Yes, webcam owner was in Europe.  He has returned to Japan 9 days ago.  So sorry, but repairing or replacing the webcam is not planned for immediate future.

• Like 1

Hello Mr dabsan,

Yes, webcam owner was in Europe.  He has returned to Japan 9 days ago.  So sorry, but repairing or replacing the webcam is not planned for immediate future.

Hi E6, thanks for the information. Really hope this will go live again in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for their posts :)

bikkuri bahn

Too bad about the Hakata webcam, it was one of the more interesting ones.  What I'd really like would be webcam at Kintetsu's Yamato Saidaiji station- on both the Osaka/Kyoto end and the Nara/Kashihara end- and maintained by the railway- a split screen view of two junctions.

looks like some late night track work going on right now! unfortunately most of it is just off camera, but lots of good noises.

jeff

• Like 1

Hello Mr Dabsan,

You are so fast !!!

It is online from midnight yesterday.  

:P

Hi E6, yes I have been checking this very regularly Ha!!

• Like 1