TGW deki 3

keitaro

Got this model and would like to give a run down of it.

Ok so first impressions is its a cute little model and kept simplistic.

First thing i did was run it. It runs like a dawg. i will explain later...

It comes with couplers not attached and has a simple instruction on how to put them on (rapido)

I didnt use these i went straight to katos cheap knuckle couplers and it works like a charm and took no more than 1 minute to put on.

It includes a spare cantenary piece.

Now for running performance.

This model runs on 10% and fast in the video below i am running at 10% definatley for use with a power unit meant for mini tram layouts.

Ok so the motor works by having a small gear spin and turn a cog which spins 2 wheels.

what makes this motor run like a dawg is the other 2 wheels are tight and cant spin without pressure. meaning the 2 wheels have to push the unit and the other wherls keep jamming causing the unit to grind on the track.

I pulled out the wheels filed the hole a touch and the plastic tube and it spins easier now. still jerks abit especially in hills though.

Currently i wouldnt run many cars on it. im now looking forward to my world kougei kit of this as the motors in them are better than the tgw mini design.

So heres a vid and some pics of the motor.

edit fixed some spelling mistakes. stupid touch screens.

post-484-13569928843215_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569928843541_thumb.jpg

The video explains a lot about the model and it's running performance. It is an unusual model and would get a lot of looks at a train show.....it reminds me of the Minitrix Mouse

Alas, I'll skip it. Expensive and not a good runner. For the price of one DeKi 1 you buy 2 Kato Chibiden locos. As I write now mine is trundling round and round my  circle of Unitrak with nary a sound coming from it - especially after I gave it a shot of lube, a slug of weight in the cab and some running-in. Next in line for the loco is a Lenz Gold Mini decoder (sounds like an overkill but it will help the loco sail across dead spots).

Please report back when you've finished assembling the World Kougei version. The next time round they produce a RTR version I might plunk cash towards one.

Cheers NB

The model itself looks really good for such a small item. and the micro motors are not cheap. (i know i have been looking for these for my monorail)

I think if I can get hold of the world kougei motor it would just fit but run a bunch better.

Can't wait to get the world kougei kit. I bought solder and flux for this.

I am also sure i can get the motor running much better than this if i can get the wheels to spin better. right now they only spin when you push them as soon as your finger lets go they don't spin.

So the motor has to work overtime to push / pull depending on direction travelling.