fun video

cteno4

fun little flick. if only hollywood could get back to the basics like this, instead its repeats of movies with some special effects thrown in....

cheers

jeff

• Like 4

I love this film!

What an interesting way to do an animation and the work involved in making it.....I'd like to see how they did it.

Thanks for sharing Jeff!

yeah i loved the spin of taking the static train scene and making it live then stopping it again for the plot. quite cleaver and ties into the discussions we have had about animated vs non animated on a layout and the things that fiddles with in the mind's eye. of course they did rip of twilight zone, but nice to see an interesting twist to it and more of homage than a knock-off, and of course a happy ending!

really done with a lot more creativity and grace than you seen in hollywood these days. pretty sad when the commercial producers can do something like this with an sponsor reel... maybe someday hollywood will loose the bling of 3D, special effects, car crashes, and blood splatter to get back to some real cinematography and tell a story well. i just have to hang my head low with folks like howard having to try to start his storytelling from something as absurd as a photo contest or think he can create a work of art with a completely collaborative production, this is when you know they have lost the essence of the art spirit in their craft.

jeff

i think its that simple little smirk of satisfaction that hollywood misses. they are trying to hit the ball out of the county so hard they totally overwhelm everything they want to do with so much overkill its no longer real at all in any part that the audience can connect with. yes movies are a break from reality, but they require simple and clean human points for the audience to bond with and that cant happen if you have turned everything up to 11...

jeff