Pla-Rail Advance

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

The McDonald's in Japan are issuing Pla-Rail toys and catalogs-on-DVD again! My daughter is in love with a plastic C57 :D

There was an interesting segment on the DVD, that I haven't heard discussed here: Pla-Rail Advance. It's a smaller scale, less deformed, and designed to run on one-half of a regular Pla-Rail track (making regular Pla-Rail track double track). Can be reversed. A double-crossover is available. In all, it looks quite good for what it is: competition B-Train Shorties. But in the end, it is still Pla-Rail, it doesn't run on regular model track.

Anyone else here seen this stuff?

Tomy's website:

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/plarail/sp/plarail_ad/

HS has some for pre-order:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/1515/0/1

I hadn't noticed this before, mid-October release should be in the stores by the time I get there in November. Pla-Rail might no be scale but it's fun.

I hadn't noticed this before, mid-October release should be in the stores by the time I get there in November. Pla-Rail might no be scale but it's fun.

i bought some pla for my brothers 2 year old xmas pressie.

a 500 series and some extra track.

Hohnestly though i want to play with it :)

captain,

very interesting i had not seen that. simple idea! looks like its somewhere between zz an n scale. great way to leverage all the track they already have!

thanks

jeff

LOL, dont give yourself a weight problem trying to collect them all!

i got a mental flash of you sitting there at MDs with 4 happy meals around you munching away playing with your trains!

cheers

jeff

Been there and done that. But less money to spend nowadays. Think that I might have the C57 already. Haven't opened it yet. Saving that pleasure to whomever I give it to.

Grant

This stuff looks so cool.  Love to get some...  but alas, T gauge is my vice now :P

That 485 does look pretty cool though...