Sanriku Tsunami repair fundraiser cars

rpierce000

The tsunami devastated lives and property. One thing that it also devastated was a train line. Tomix has issued a one time only release of a car to raise money for this private line to rebuild. This line serves areas that no other lines do and says that without help they will not be able to reopen that service. Such a loss to those communities will be an additional devastation.

In order to combat this BT Trains has bought TEN of these cars and they are now in Seattle, WA, USA. Five have been sold, thank you for your generosity to the cause, five remain unsold and need good homes (well, probably four, one will end up in my personal collection).

1) These are for a great cause, open your heart

2) These are a one time only run, this is an awesome collectable

If you would like to see the car, it is an unpowered diesel and can be seen at http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/world/topics/infosanriku.htm.

The units are $38.53 from BT Trains (www.bttrains.com) plus $5.20 US shipping or $14 international shipping.

I also know that Omocha Express will be auctioning one off, please buy tickets for the raffle.

Bob Pierce

CEO, BT Trains

bob@bttrains.com

You get a set of special head boards and it looks like a different road number from previous releases but otherwise I think the main difference is the packaging though I don't have one of the originals to compare with. Would have been nice if they'd done a powered car but it's for a good cause.

They are the tomix version, not a tomytec, so they have metal wheels. they did not change the foam insert as the special headboard piece does not fit into it so the case will not close al the way.

its the same as the one i have in my sanriku shikaze set except the car number (36-109).

anyone know the tomix part number for the motor unit for these? sure a tomytec could be kitbashed in as well.

it comes with an additional front with a dummy coupler if you want to run it by itself w/o the rapido coupler sticking out.

as westfallen said it was a fund raiser for sanriku.

cheers

jeff

We have ONE left. If you want it, get it NOW. As far as I can tell this is a never to be repeated run. Even if you do not care about the cause, you can still get a really cool, one of a kind, collectible. BT Trains will NOT be buying more of these, the overhead in selling them for "no profit" is expensive!

Bob

All of these are sold now. Thank you Ian.

Tomix is sold out as well.

If you want one you need to buy tickets in the Omocha express raffle.

Bob

I wanted to get the feedback from folks, would they be into a $5/ticket for a raffle for one of these for Omocha Express? if there is good response ill do it, but if i only sell 5 tickets its a waste as would rather just donate the cost of one of these to omocha.

lemme know your interest and ill assume folks will follow through. you can pm me or do it on list.

cheers

jeff