TOMIX EH500 - how do you couple the two sections?

John P Boogerd

John P Boogerd

I just received the Tomix EH-500 but can't figure out from the Japanese instructions how to couple the two sections together - as you can see in the photos, there is no coupling mechanism - anyone know how to do it?

post-204-13569928734145_thumb.jpg

post-204-13569928734187_thumb.jpg

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

I just look a look at the HO EH500 in my Tomix catalog.

It looks like there should be an "H" shaped bar that connects the two units.  The bar also has air/hydraulic hoses that span between the "H".. I would assume this piece is somewhere else in the box.  Check the bag with the add-on details.  I would guess it is in there.  In the catalog, they show the two units just like you pictured, with the "H" bar completely separate.

Claude_Dreyfus

Correct.

The connector between the two units is a shaped piece of plastic which comes with the many detailing parts... See picture 1

This is fitted to a small clip immediately above the rear bogie of the units. It requires a little bit of force (picture 2).

You then couple the second unit (picture 3)

You have a really impressive and extremely powerful model there. The main problem...as with all the Tomix H0 models, is the vast number of detailing parts to add. I have yet to pluck up the courage to do so.

post-141-13569928734804_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569928735212_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569928735531_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569928735878_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
John P Boogerd

Thanks - I see that part in the box - I'm not much of a model builder so I won't be adding the loose parts - I just want to run the trains and I think it will look fabulous ahead of a train of container flats.

The main problem...as with all the Tomix H0 models, is the vast number of detailing parts to add.

I've never thought of that as a problem!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.