Chuo Line Star Wars Train

as always some one posts retarded coments about suicides on the article......

I stopped reading Japan Today years ago because of stuff like that.  I have no idea who those people are that comment on the articles there; most of them seem to be westerners with a deep-seated hatred for Japan.

• Like 1

as always some one posts retarded coments about suicides on the article......

I stopped reading Japan Today years ago because of stuff like that.  I have no idea who those people are that comment on the articles there; most of them seem to be westerners with a deep-seated hatred for Japan.

+1

Disregarding the utter fail that is Japan Today and its active users, the idea of making light-sabres out of the hand bars is just brilliant! :cool:

Except that everybody's going to want to swing them around, and you can't - it's going to be so frustrating!

I didn't even think Star Wars was popular enough in Japan to do something like this.

• Like 1

I didn't even think Star Wars was popular enough in Japan to do something like this.

I've always thought the whole Jedi idea was "Samuri in Space"!!!  Swords ... honour code ... wearing bathrobes with a sash ....

Cheers

The_Ghan

I believe the influence of Kurosawa's films on Lucas was acknowledged by Lucas himself.  The original Star Wars movie (now known as episode IV) was supposedly strongly based on Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.  And then there's Darth Vader's helmet...