Tomix 92822 Rail Star with all wheel pickup?

thg

Hi all!

Does anybody know, whether the above Tomix 92822 Rail Star Shinkansen (8 pcs) comes with all wheel pick up / the powered bogies like the N700 (see http://jmtn.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/tomix-n700-shinkansen-model-review/)?

If not, how would you describe the operation of that particular train?  Smooth?  I read somewhere that it is slower than other models.  Can you confirm that?

Also I would be interested to know whether anybody has details on the minimum radius it can handle and how long it is?  I have read for other Shinkansen models, ranges from 240mm to 315mm (9.5-12.5in) but I would like to know the 92822 in particular.  The Kato N700-3000 16pcs Shinkansen comes to 2532mm (99in). Would half of this be a safe assumption?  Could not find anything about these two questions at http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/92822.htm (not even with the help of google translate).

Final question, does anybody have an idea how much customs is due when sending it from Japan to the US (cost of the 92822 is US$250)?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Martijn Meerts

Judging by the pictures on Hobby Search, it has all wheel pickup yes. I have the old version without all wheel pickup, and that one runs just fine. It's not really slower either, but most trains do have some speed difference.

Minimum radius is officially 317mm, but it does run on smaller radii as well, just make sure to lower the speed a bit :)

• Like 1

Judging by the pictures on Hobby Search, it has all wheel pickup yes. I have the old version without all wheel pickup, and that one runs just fine. It's not really slower either, but most trains do have some speed difference.

Minimum radius is officially 317mm, but it does run on smaller radii as well, just make sure to lower the speed a bit :)

smaller radii that is flat i wouldn't bet on a corner incline of less than 317mm. i just noticed that above 40% my 500 series doesn't like sloped corners of that equivalent in tomix corners.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008-2009 Tomix catalog, and it mentions the length for each car. The two end cars are each 172mm long, while the six middle cars are each 158mm long. Total length is 1292mm according to my calculation. And 1292 millimeters is equal to approx. 50.87 inches.

I can't answer the other questions, since I don't own the model.

• Like 1