Hitachi develops integrated railway systems simulator

...by simulating large-scale railway systems in consideration of coordination between multiple types of equipment, such as rolling stock, signaling, traffic control, and feeding equipment. It also has the capability to evaluate the effects of changes of conditions...

This is what interests me, in that the end user can switch in and out different conditions and equipment, and simulate real-life restrictions.  Would make for a very realistic simulation.  Perhaps certain computer games can do this now, I don't know as I'm not a gamer (computer or pencil and paper) anymore a I quit playing rpg's and simulation games in college.

From the article, I think this is a simulator in the sense of systems design simulators (i.e., modeling traffic flow and impacts of proposed schedule or track changes), not an operator-training simulation.  I'm sure both kinds already exist, and Hitachi just wants to enter that market as an add-on to its train sales, probably for overseas sales where system design is part of the package being sought.