Mr. Harukablue, where are you?

clem24

Has anyone heard from Harukablue? Anyone know him personally? I bought an HO engine from him back in July when it was lost in the mail and he's supposed to enter a claim for me. Anyway, he's not responding to PMs nor has he been active since July.

I know he's a stand up guy as I have received lots of stuff from him in the past, so that part I am not worried about. How do I get in touch with him? Anyone have an email or phone #, please PM me.

Thanks!!

Had a bunch of leads, most notably (supposedly) this blog:

http://futatsugawa.blogspot.com/

Also have some email addresses:

lews@easy.com

transcale@aol.com

But otherwise, nothing. Both addresses seem valid but I've not gotten any response. Again, I've received stuff from him in the past with no issues, but I've since throw away the packaging, so no physical address. I hope nothing bad has happened to him, which is what I fear. I do know he got into a motor vehicle accident and the ensuing fire destroyed a bunch of N scale items he was selling... But obviously alive as we talked about it.

Wait a minute... I have a name now. Bram Osborne. Because this comment was left on his blog:

your a rip of merchant,WARNING TO ALL BRAM OSBORNE IS A THIEF AND A RIP OF MERCHANT. You still owe me money for the IE coaches that i bought from you but never received.

YOU BIG, FAT WELSH WANKER!!!!

Also mentioned in Mark Veneman's page:

http://raicho.home.xs4all.nl/layouts/layouts.htm

I guess I am not alone in this. Anyone else have any more info?

Edit:

HA found his Facebook page.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/lewwyoss

Has to be him given his interests. Hmm interesting, his Subaru Legacy GT is the same model and color as mine, except his is a sedan and mine's a wagon.  :laugh:

Claude_Dreyfus

There has been a little of history here...

I have dealt with him a couple of times...once or twice it has been slow, but he has come up with the goods; at some pretty good prices as well. I know he has had some health issues in the past, leading to a spot of bother a couple of years ago with a project he was working on regarding Irish carriages; hence the rather strongly worded comment on his blog. It did get messy, and it did involve the law; but as far as I know it has been resolved.

Your leads are correct...it is the same chap.

You should send invites to a few of his friends on FaceBook .... just in case he closes the account.  That way, when he next pops up you can add his new account, via his friends ...  :cool:

I think it's pretty uncool to not have shipped an item that you paid for over three months ago.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm also trying to reach him about something I bought, but no luck so far.

Did you even read my post 2 posts above yours...  :cool:

Bram has been responding to my messages on FB in a timely manner. So apparently he got a good deal for replacements from Japan for the loco I bought (not sure what REALLY happened to the one he was supposed to sell me originally, if it was never even sent or truly lost in the mail). So I am getting 2 locos instead of 1, and it was just posted yesterday! I think the story goes: he made a claim on the full price of the loco with the post office, and the proceeds were sufficient to cover both locos. So hopefully in 2 weeks, this thing will be resolved. Things are looking very positive.

Keep at him scott. i finally got a response from a carver in northern canada who owed me a piece after 3 months of pestering. he had changed his email accounts. hopefully the piece is on its way...

best of luck!

jeff

Clem,

I feel for you mate.  You and I have done business through this forum and I think of you (but not in a romatic way) every time I run that Odakyu 7000.  So, I took some time out to do a bit of research for you.  I found this:

Beryl Osborne - Obituary

OSBORNE Beryl Suddenly on Wednesday Nov 30 at her home 5 Trewern Saron, Drefach; devoted mother of Cheryl, Clint and Bram, a much loved grandmother and great-grandmother. also a respected mother- in-law. Public funeral service on Saturday Dec 10 at Abergwili Parish Church, Carmarthen at 12noon. Family flowers only please, but if desired donations in lieu to Diebetes UK c/o Peris Rice Carmarthen Funeral Director, 15 Prosser Close, Carmarthen SA31 1JB Tel 01267 243787.

If possible, I'd start with the funeral director and get contact details.  Then I wouldn't muck around.  Go straight to the local police.  

Perhaps a UK member here can be of more help.  I'd send my own boys if this were local.

Good luck again.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Wow first time reading the post.  That's awful what you had been going through.  I think most of us had experienced so sort of fraud online before.  Hopefully, we are all wiser after this.

Hopefully, we are all wiser after this.

This experience pretty well flies in the face of my theory that nobody would bother to try to defraud someone over anything narrow and specific enough to be one of my geeky interests. :-/  I'm suspicious if it's something common or hot or popular, but not if it's a Japanese model train or an obscure guitar part or something. Almost every time I've been right, but not this time.

Advice is only good if it's taken, scott.  I'd be doing what I could to make his life a misery.  BTW, he's locked up his Facebook now so we can't know anything about him.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Bummer Scott.

Hopefully it's not too much money and just chalk it up to that happens once and a while and go on and not let it erode all your trust in others.

I bought 3 carvings from an Inuit carver in nw Canada over a year or two. Interesting work and quite inexpensive off ebay. Was nice to help this young get started. Then the 4th piece I bought he never sent. Since I had corresponded with him I let it slip past the ebay time limit. He finally got back to me and said he would figure out what happened, but then nothing happened. I still ping him once a month in hopes it finally happens, but I've decided not to let it bother me or deter me from having fun with stuff like this. Like $35 lost so not horrible and just chock it up to things like that can happen when following odd paths. Alternative is to not have fun or only do it in ordinary,boring ways which usually cost more in the long run.

I look at it as self insurance like using sal. The funky ways can save you money a lot of the time, so you have some extra to pay for the few times it falls apart.

Jeff

I've been defrauded about 4 times now. 1st is a $30 Amtrak Kato MHC set. 2nd is a $400 iPod. 3rd is a set of $200 automotive sway bars. 4th is this for 85 GBP. Hasn't soured my love of online buying. I've been buying online since the beginning of the internet. I don't think Bram is a scammer per se. He did send me stuff in the past. I am just not sure why he's decided to not ship this out or respond to my latest emails. Oh well. Water under the bridge.

Advice is only good if it's taken, scott.  I'd be doing what I could to make his life a misery.  BTW, he's locked up his Facebook now so we can't know anything about him.

See, that's the thing--I've made my attempts as well, but he can just refuse to respond. It was my fault for giving him too much time before I tried to get PayPal to act.

not let it erode all your trust in others.

Oh, no -- this is a fluke, and pretty small in the scale of things. I see far more ridiculous stuff at work every day. :-)

marknewton
I've been defrauded about 4 times now...

I've been very fortunate so far buying online - touch wood!  :cheesy

I've never been ripped off, or had anything go missing in the mail. I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had these sorts of problems, but as Jeff says, don't let it ruin your sense of trust. Lifes too short for that!

Cheers,

Mark