Kyushu

Nick_Burman

Hi all,

I would like to know if the fellow members of this forum could point me out a few web addresses for homepages about railways in Kyushu, past and present.

Cheers NB

Hi Nick

As Kyushu is my favoured area of Japan, I have a list of many web sites for the 1960 - 1975 era. As I am interested in the north of the island mainly the sites will concentrate on these areas. Is this what you are after?

Malcolm

Hi Nick

As Kyushu is my favoured area of Japan, I have a list of many web sites for the 1960 - 1975 era. As I am interested in the north of the island mainly the sites will concentrate on these areas. Is this what you are after?

Malcolm

Malcolm, excellent. I'm doing this search on behalf of a Nissei friend of mine whose family hails from Kumamoto and who has relatives in Tosu. His father came to Brazil as a boy soon after the war but late enough that he still remembers the trains he rode (C tanks and 8620 Moguls on passenger trains and 9600s on freights). Now my friend wants to model these trains and need references.

I also have an interest in Kyushu...the Chikugo coalfield is one of my favorite areas and contains one of my favorite railways (the Mitsui Miike).

Cheers NB

9600 in Kyushu ...

Bad scanning from a Japanese picture book I found in a second hand book store in Sweden 8 years ago.

The picture is from Hoshii at Ita line, 13 km south Nogata, Fukuoka prefecture.

44.jpg

Kyushu is also my favorite area to fan, though I don't have any particular links aside from my Kyushu image gallery on my site, but there's no real technical information on there.