Matsuura Railway

bill937ca

I rode this line on my trip last year, a nice corner of Japan. Tabira-Hiradoguchi is the westernmost railway station on 'mainland' Japan.

... After much thinking I've decided (seconded by the second video) that the first one should represent the actual speed of the trains along the Matsuura Railway. And gosh, compared to the operations depicted on JR East Hitatsu line recently posted by bill, this is another league. Fast acceleration, nervous driving and I don't even have the impression the tracks are that good. Here the trains even go faster than some cars and trucks... surely the way to go if you want to revitalize public transportation in rural areas.

I love it!

Top scenery, especially the house over the tunnel, the fast flowing river, and the overhanging trees.  I don't get why the driver sounded the horn at 13:15 though.  There was certainly nothing in the camera view.  I'd love to ride this line but the crowded platforms are a bit off-putting ....  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

PS: That dog must have be bored silly!

If you watch carefully on the left as he blows the horn you'll see a small yellow sign with a black X which is the whistle board for the blind level crossing around the curves beyond the trees.

Here's my video from last year. I traveled the opposite direction from the guy who did the first video, starting from Arita to Imari then on to Sasebo.