Tomix 300 series Shinkansen

The_Ghan

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if Tomix made a prototypical 16-car 300 Series Nozomi Shinkansen?

I am aware of the seven car 92639 set, but is it possible to make up a full consist?  The current Tomix catalog does not include the 300 series, so I guess it is not on their agenda.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Actually,

I think I've worked it out.  Is it:

92639 JR Series 300 Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen NOZOMI 7-Car Set (1 Set) &

92124 JR Series 300 Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen NOZOMI Add-on 3-Car Set (1 Set) &

2862 JR 315 Add-on Car (2 Sets) &

2863 JR 326-500 Add-on Car (Motor Car) (1 Set) &

2864 JR 326-500 Add-on Car (3 Sets)

? ? ?

If so, does someone want to sell me one?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hi Ghan!

the old Shinkansen release (with grey rooftop and arrow panto shield) is not prototypically correct,

only 11 cars are right, for the rest you need more cars that aren't like the real cars

2 add-on green cars and 3 326-500 are fake cars only to complete the train

the newest improved release (white rooftop with 700 type panto shield and fences) is OK with all the correct cars

item 92808/809/810 (that's a better choice if you need only one 300 Shinkansen)

If you want also the old type, is better if you find a complete 16 cars set from single seller, the reason is that the single cars add-on are very hard to find, believe me, especially 326-500 type (green cars are a little bit much simple).

regular price on Yahoo is around 20-25000JPY for 16 cars set in good/like new conditions with original package

Take care and ask to the seller about yellowed coupler :-)

ciao

Massimo

Hi Massimo,

I see you've read my other posts about the couplers.  That's why I'm wanting to stay clear of 92639.  Thanks for pointing out the newer sets.  I shall now begin my hunt for such a beast.

Cheers

The_Ghan

hmm don't rush into it. tomix have the 100 series and 200 series out this year perhaps the 300 rerun early next year?

may be worth holding out a few months to see what happens

edit - Ghan i have the 2010 / 2011 book you want a copy of the pages?

Hi Keitaro,

Thanks mate, but I have the current Tomix cattle-dog.  I must admit, I didn't even look at it!  I'll check it tonight ... unless Mrs Ghan has other plans ...    :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

hmm don't rush into it. tomix have the 100 series and 200 series out this year perhaps the 300 rerun early next year?

What 100 and 200 series? The only 100 series they've re-run this year has been the Fresh Green 100. They haven't run the 200 series in ages.

Although I do think they're releasing the 6 car blue/white 100 series K sets which feature new pantograph shields (same as the V sets). This is not a re-run but an entirely new set...