Ace of Bicycles

clem,

I've had eBay resolve two issues over the last year: one was a shipment that didn't arrive after 5 weeks and 3 days (we have a 6 week limit to complain here in Australia) and the other was a payment that appeared to not go through to PayPal last week (eBay fault).  Both were resolved promptly and satisfactorily for me.  Of course, eBay Australia has a different team, different policies, and is bound by different law to other places.

jappomania,

My tracking number still shows that the product was delivered to Miami FL.  It should have arrived in Australia by now.  I sent a message to the vendor just over a day ago and haven't heard back.  I shall give them until COB tomorrow to explain themselves before contacting eBay.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I have had a few problems with eBay in the past with a two stores. Ace of Bicycles snd other group due to the deliveries didn't arrive in the 8 week period (giving them an extra two weeks just in case there might of been a delay) but after sending a resolution to the dealer I got my money back from the dealer but sadly the items never got to me or back to the dealer. So it just vanished without a trace after being shipped out. :(

Mod note: This is split off from the "sneaky bastard" thread.

Linkey,

I think something really sad happened to Ace in the tsunami.  I used to buy a lot from him and had a deal where he would give me 5% better than HS buy price + shipping.  I used to order via pvt email but pay through PayPal.  I've sent 4-5 emails and several eBay PMs to him since the tsunami and never had a single word back.  We used to send each other jokes and everything.

In the days following the tsunami his eBay store kept trading, but nothing shipped.  I think the only people who received deliveries from him after the tsunami were things he posted before that date.  I bet you never heard a word back from Ace, did you?  My last purchase from Ace was on 28/1 and it arrived within the week.  Over the weekend of 5-6 March we had several email exchanges about my coming trip to Japan in May/June (which was cancelled).  I never heard from Ace again.  :(

The_Ghan

thats sad. I'd assume that something bad did happen for the total cut off of contact.

why does his location show canada though?

I never asked him why it shows Canada.  He always shipped from Japan though, and I may even still have a box with his address.  I'll check.

Cheers

The_Ghan

the address will at least give an idea if he may have had tragedy occur to him.

Anyway i hope for his sake that he just lost his house and had to cease operations till he gets back on his feet.

The orders were before the tsunami, but hearing this about he (Ace) hasn't done any shipping has got me concerned as there was a previous order I get get from him and I was very happy with his service and how well communication between store holder to customer was going. I do hope to see him back in operation soon as I would still buy stuff from him. As I feel it was more of a postal issue that caused the problems.

I order a few things from him. He did not response once and yelled at him. It ended up that he was on vacation/holiday. Don't think he's a scamer but just drops the ball sometimes.

Yeah, seems like the last good transaction stopped in march 24.

Wonder what happened?

Inobu

I've got no idea, Ijust logged back into eBay and found out there is nothing thathe is selling anymore. I sure hope he is okay? After all there was a few TOMIX and KATO kits that I was looking at getting from him.

Take a look at his rating. If his stars suddenly dropped around April-May that would indicate a lot of orders went unsent which could signal a few things.