Tomix Thomas will run on c103?

new2me

Hi, Just joined. I know this isn't a Japanese train but it's a Japanese company so I was hoping someone might know if the Tomix Thomas will run on the 4 inch radius c103 track? One of the sets comes with a 580mm wide oval, about 11" radius, but the train itself looks pretty compact. I'm also wondering if it fits will there be clearance to pull the annie and clarabel cars. Or has anyone tried a similar small 3 axle steam loco on this radius? I'm looking to build a small oval layout to fit on a shelf for my son.

Thanks, I appreciate the help, jake

I think I remember running my little train on Tomix C140 (5.5 inch) curves. If you can squeeze this next-larger size into your plans, it will work better. As I recall, I had to remove the British "buffers" from the front end of each coach. The small coaches in the Kato "Pocket Line" sets also have a tendency to "jump the curve" on C103 curves.

Rich K.

Thanks for the replys. I did see a photo someone had taken of a pocket line coach jumping, so maybe I will go for something a little wider as suggested, or maybe go for a trolly for the shelf plan for starters.

I'd like to go with a battery power, it's for a 3 year old with younger sister who will likely want to run it too.

Has anyone tried this and is it available in US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tetsudou-Collection-Tram-Type-Controller-Cream-Tomytec-/200619039406?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2eb5d39aae

Alternatively, would I be able to run a small engine on an n scale oval using a 9v battery transformer from a lego train set? (Don't laugh!)

hi i have mini track tand the tomix thomas and annie and clara set. Also an extra sodor mail car.

I put together mi tomix mini curves with a tomix mini switch. the cars ran ok on the mini curves but some times looked to be having issues the mail car runs fine though.

however 2 out of 3 times thomas would derail on the mini switch. thomas would be fine but annie and clara would derail again the mail truck has no issues at a realistic slow speed.

running thomas in (working on now ) coffe table

using the smalest kato radus ( table is 36" x 36")

dont have any recent pictures (working on the town)

DSCF1284.jpg