DCC Trolley Controlled Stops

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

Can anyone recommend a method to have a DCC Trolley or Tram stop at stations with a programmed module and still have the interior lights on?

Gotta be hands free because I'm not going to babysit 4 or more Trams at once.

i was always under the impression that if you put a decoder to the internal lights it would unless you told it to turn off lights.

I don't have dcc so no idea but i have been reading in spare time and thought it was possible for them to stay on at all times due to constant current.

Guest Closed Account 1

Yes, well the reversers I found will shut off power and then reverse polarity in that block. Light and motor off. They are the reverse loop modules.

With DCC the lights will stay on as you stop it with the DCC hand controller and reverse direction. Something is out there that we haven't discovered.

I sent an email to digitrax and haven't heard back about it yet.

CaptOblivious

Several brands of DCC decoder can be programmed to stop when they encounter a pure DC signal. Such decoders can be programmed to do various things with the lights, including keeping them on. Moreover, there are modules you can buy that switch between a DCC and DC signal on a timer (or similar) to take advantage of this feature to do precisely what you are aiming at...linkage to follow.