CMX Cleaner Car

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

One of the biggest issues I run into at all tracks is the build up on the tracks. Both Clubs have the issues. Nobody really wants to clean before playing.

I decided to bite the bullet and get the cadillac of track cleaners. Got mine from FiferHobby.com for $119.

Equipped with Microtrain Trucks with different couplers makes it user friendly, made of brass, it's heavy. 8oz/227g empty. Capacity up to 9cc.

The sweeper is spring loaded to float over the track (1mm). Soft pads or 600 grit paper.

I'll be testing it at the toy train museum Wednesday.

post-436-13569928488703_thumb.jpg

Hobby Dreamer
I'll be testing it at the toy train museum

That got my attention!  Where are you located?

Let us know how the track cleaning goes!!

Cheers

Rick

What's the lateral clearance on the cleaner?  Will it go through stations, over points, etc?  A bit of a video would be great!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Great minds think alike. I got one from Litchfiield Station last week, I'll be giving it a workout at a train show on the weekend.

Guest Closed Account 1

Test trials completed. Rubbing alcohol and then thinner.

To start with, the museum tracks were like the inside of a cannon.

I could not get an all wheel drive diesel to travel a yard without loosing power and stopping.

I ran the loco behind the cleaner to loosen dirt and clean the wheels. Then pulled it. Full power and track continuity restored.

It cleaned the tracks. Yes I did do a white glove test and it passed. Yes I do need a few more passes next week in some areas but you can see the shine is restored.

Points- it only derailed on a couple switches because they were not true.

The cleaner pad hovered yet hugged both rails and followed the contours.

Well worth the investment and pretty to look at.