Finally!

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Well, it seems the Micro Ace Kiha 52 (0 bandai) motorized and dummy pair I ordered has finally been shipped, or will ship sometime next week.  This run has been delayed considerably, with an original release date of March or so, but with the earthquake/tsunami, got pushed back considerably (I wonder why, coz I think this stuff is made in China).  Here is Micro Ace's flyer for this particular run:

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/release/pdf/H5013.pdf

Actually, this product hasn't been publicized much, so makes me think this is more of a "maniac" issue for hardcore 16mm modelers than a general issue.  There appear to be plenty of kiha 52's left over from the previous run of a few years ago, but in more modern paint schemes with some having aircon, which appeal less to the above mentioned purists.

video, this is an example of the previous run, on a home layout:

• Like 2

Doesn't this stuff get delayed earthquake or no earthquake?  In the immediate aftermath of the earthquake I wondered what effect the earthquake had on the hobby supply line in Japan.  Were wholesalers up and running? Or were they shutdown with relatively minor but time consuming damage?  I know very well what it feels like to wait.

bikkuri bahn

Micro ace is based in Saitama, which experienced some liquefaction (?) of former rice fields now used as housing developments, but otherwise, like the rest of the Kanto Area, not heavily damaged so as to destroy equipment.  Likely it was more a disruption of logistics.  This run was likely relatively small, so priorities were probably given to the money making N scale stuff, I suppose...