I'm the sneaky bastard ...

The_Ghan

Oh, regret!

I'm pissed off today.  I just received a Ebay message to say that the product has shipped today.  I'm fuming!!!!  That seller had sent me a tracking number on the 16th of July and I saw on the 19th that the item was delivered to Miami, FL.  I've sent a message to the seller asking why they sent me the wrong tracking number, why it took two weeks to ship a product that I paid for within 3 hours of winning the bid and what the new tracking number is.

Let me tell you, this matter will be referred to Ebay support if I don't get a satisfactory response!

Really pissed!

The_Ghan

Hi Ghan!

don't worry, I think the first mail with tracking number is good.

I received yesterday the same mail from ebay about shipping but I think is only a mistake (seller push on ebay account the "button" this item has been shipped)

the reason is that I already received both packages, one yesterday and one the past week.

(I bought 2 items from this seller but not the in the same time, one the past month and one the same day like you - zero add-on)

I hope you receive soon your items, verify with tracking number where is the package :-)

ciao

Massimo

clem,

I've had eBay resolve two issues over the last year: one was a shipment that didn't arrive after 5 weeks and 3 days (we have a 6 week limit to complain here in Australia) and the other was a payment that appeared to not go through to PayPal last week (eBay fault).  Both were resolved promptly and satisfactorily for me.  Of course, eBay Australia has a different team, different policies, and is bound by different law to other places.

jappomania,

My tracking number still shows that the product was delivered to Miami FL.  It should have arrived in Australia by now.  I sent a message to the vendor just over a day ago and haven't heard back.  I shall give them until COB tomorrow to explain themselves before contacting eBay.

Cheers

The_Ghan

clem,

I've had eBay resolve two issues over the last year: one was a shipment that didn't arrive after 5 weeks and 3 days (we have a 6 week limit to complain here in Australia) and the other was a payment that appeared to not go through to PayPal last week (eBay fault).  Both were resolved promptly and satisfactorily for me.  Of course, eBay Australia has a different team, different policies, and is bound by different law to other places.

jappomania,

My tracking number still shows that the product was delivered to Miami FL.  It should have arrived in Australia by now.  I sent a message to the vendor just over a day ago and haven't heard back.  I shall give them until COB tomorrow to explain themselves before contacting eBay.

Cheers

The_Ghan

ouch sounds like your having my usual shipping issues.

Hope they come soon.

I finally received these items today which I had bought on eBay:

• Kato 10-483 683 "Thunderbird" - 3 Cars Add-On Set: eBay: US$30.99, HS: US$88.63
    Kato 10-260 - N Electric Loco EF58 (40th Anniversary) Special: eBay US$145.50, HS: US$299.11

All items are working.  Boxes have a little shelf where and the edge of one of the acetate sheets is crumpled.  Pricing stickers on the boxes cannot be removed because they were applied back in 2005 (it appears) and the gum has set.

Chronology of supply:

12/7 - Bought and paid for within 3 hours;

14/7 - I sent a message asking for Tracking number;

15/7 - I sent second message asking for Tracking number;

15/7 - Item received by USPS;

16/7 - I receive Tracking number;

19/7 - Item passes through USPS sort facility;

29/7 - Item clears US Customs;

1/8 - Item clears AUS Customs;

2/8 - Item delivered.

My questions:

1. Is 3-4 days a reasonable time for the vendor, "The Hobby SuperStore" to pack and ship the product?

2. Is it reasonable for USPS to take 4 says to sort the item? Japan and Australia only take a day!

3. Why does US Customs take so long to clear items for export, 10 days?

4. How would you rate the vendor on eBay Feedback?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Depends.. Look on the item listing. It will say "item ships within x days". For example, if it says 5-7 days, then that's their holding time, and if you got it shipped out in 3, then bonus.

Honestly, you received your items, everything is in good working order. With eBay's crappy new F/B system, what I would do is just leave positive for the vendor and don't put any F/B for rating speediness, etc... 3 days is more than reasonable for an item to be shipped. And once past that, *EVERYTHING* in your list is completely out of the hands of the vendor, so it would be completely unfair to him. You got a good deal on your items, so leave it at that, is my opinion.

I've sold stuff on eBay and there are times when I just can't ship something out immediately. It's next to impossible. Heck even if you paid me within 3 hours, I won't ship your item immediately, especially if you bought multiple stuff and I have to pack everything up. But I would be sure to note it in your F/B. Also, given the new rules for F/B (vendors can't leave anything but positive for the buyer), it's very frustrating for sellers, especially if the buyer is just impatient.

In any case, I say you got your items, be happy and leave him positive F/B and carry on...

Hi Ghan,

I'm happy, at the end you receive all.

About shipping I don't think 3 days are a wrong time for shipping, delivery at Post office the same day is impossible so normally I start to count from the first day after auction ending.

Not all the people have time every day to go to Post Office, maybe the seller wait the end of more than one of auctions and ship all packages one or two times a week.

About time for delivery sincerly..... I bought "some" items in the past 10 years, only EMS or similar is very fast (7-10 days but very expensive) all the rest change very much, for example from Canada to Italy you need 2 months... why?

I don't know but that's all and you and the seller can't change it.

About items, mine are not perfect like the items I receive every month from Japan, paper box are in the same condition like yours, inner transparent cover is damaged etc.. but  the price  :grin 55€ for a zero add-on and the train is perfect!

For me Japan is in another planet for quality of service an more, so it's a bad thing to compare it with the rest of the world.

my feedback for this seller (like you can read) is good; item condition, shipping time, and price are aligned with my expectations.

ciao

Massimo

Hi Clem,

Point taken.  3-4 days to ship is pretty good for America.  I'm used to the higher quality service of the Japanese where I've usually got my package within 3-4 days.

Jappo,

I'm hearing you man.  EVERYTHING shipped from Canada takes two months - even to Australia.  Canada is unbelievable for international shipping.

I'll be leaving +ve feedback for the vendor, but I'll knock off a star for shipping speed.

Cheers

The_Ghan

EVERYTHING shipped from Canada takes two months - even to Australia.  Canada is unbelievable for international shipping.

Hahaha not only that, but Canada is such a RIP OFF in terms of cost. Although that EMS package I sent you arrived fairly quickly didn't it? It did cost you an arm and a leg LOL.

BTW message the seller before you leave him 4 stars out of 5. I am not certain but anything other than 5 stars is a knock to their account. I know eBay is now putting selling restrictions on seller accounts.. It's such an incredibly stupid system. I've yet still to understand why they are giving buyers so much power.

Thanks Clem,

Yes, your package did come pretty quickly.  But as you said, I insisted on EMS and forked out $50 or something for the privilege.

BTW, the Odakyu 7000 had a "click" noise between cars 6-7 as it turned in one direction.  I fixed it by sanding the inside of the car body.  The repair is not visible.  The train is running well.  The EF81 is being used to test my new track in DC.  She does plenty of low speed work across points etc.  We have a good working relationship but she's no good in bed.

Cheers

The_Ghan