Railstars Digital Control System

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

So, I haven't been around the forums too much lately, but for a reason: I've been preparing to do business. Railstars has a new website:

http://railstars.com

and a preliminary product demo for the NMRA X2011 conference (currently in session! Anyone there?):

http://railstars.com/2011/06/23/making-trains-move/

The plan, for those not yet in the know, is to design and manufacture a DCC throttle and command station that doesn't require elaborate insider knowledge to use, and that offers 21st century technology, at the same price as the competition.

I'm very curious to get the feedback of the forum members here!

Now, I have to get back to catching up on your posts!

Cool.  Are you selling them pre-built, or still just as kits? The website's front page wasn't clear, and I'll admit I didn't dig in to find out.

I like the concept of a simple, inexpensive, and open system.  I think you've hit the last two points, now you need to hit the first with the throttle. While I'm still not in the market for a new DCC system, I'll be interested to see what you do.

Good luck!

CaptOblivious

Cool.  Are you selling them pre-built, or still just as kits? The website's front page wasn't clear, and I'll admit I didn't dig in to find out.

I like the concept of a simple, inexpensive, and open system.  I think you've hit the last two points, now you need to hit the first with the throttle. While I'm still not in the market for a new DCC system, I'll be interested to see what you do.

Good luck!

I'll keep selling LOLbooster as a kit, but the command station and throttle (and eventually the more expensive booster) will be fully assembled items.

Martijn Meerts

Gonna have to get 1 of those command stations at some point, to add support for it to my program (if that ever gets beyond the experimentation stage ;))

Guest Closed Account 1

Very Nice Don!

Feel bad as I just got my Digitrax Super Chief crazy bundle this year and then see your Star Trek system. Wish I had one or an iPad2 to control the trains.

Oh well, always something cooler on the market that comes out after you buy.

For some reason I thought you were older, HA! I was wrong.

Congrats Don! Well done with the site and the product design. Looks impressive and sure will be looking forward to it.

CaptOblivious

Very Nice Don!

Feel bad as I just got my Digitrax Super Chief crazy bundle this year and then see your Star Trek system. Wish I had one or an iPad2 to control the trains.

Oh well, always something cooler on the market that comes out after you buy.

For some reason I thought you were older, HA! I was wrong.

Don't feel bad! When you want a system, you have to make a purchase at some point! You'd have been waiting at least one more year. (And besides, it's not like you can't put it on eBay and upgrade to the latest and greatest ;) )

Re: my age: I get that a lot, especially on train forums. Seems to be my name, 'Don', invokes in many the image of a balding heavyset midwestern white male. 2 out of 5 ain't terrible ;)

Congrats Don! Well done with the site and the product design. Looks impressive and sure will be looking forward to it.

John, Steven, thanks :D