Where can I get a "Limited Express Series 883 Kato 10-485 (N scale)"?

Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the reply. The 787 seems to be a little bit different. As you say Newhall charges way to much.

Spiff

That Newhall Station listing is almost 6 years old.  Most items seem to sell out within 6-12 months. There is a chance that train might get re-issued sometime in the future.

The old 5-car prototype sets with colored fronts haven't been run by JR Kyushu since around 2008. As a result it is unlikely that Kato will run that model again. Now all 883s run in full 7 car formation in a uniform paint scheme. Kato ran the renewel version a while ago but I think it is out of stock at most places now.

The new version is 10-288

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10091901

Newhall's listing says "Only 0 available", which means they don't have it.  They keep old listings up forever even with no stock. Much like Hobby Search.

On the other hand, if they say they have one of something, no matter how old, they do.  I bought a lot from them before I found out there were less-expensive sources for things, and I never had a problem with their accuracy or professionalism. Even today, if they had something I really wanted I might buy from them again, although I regard their markups as excessive.