Lights are off

keitaro

Lol I worded wrong I guess.

Like the real train I am traveling on at night here suddenly lights and air con went off and never came back

*** pic off iphone

post-484-13569928227606_thumb.jpg

post-484-1356992823019_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569928232504_thumb.jpg

or the cantenary up ...

anyway strangest thing was the guards compartment had lights just all other cars went out

and electronic doors still worked just lighting and air con failure.

not sure how those old tincans work but i think they share power via cable in coupler to all cars so maybe a part or single cable break ???

one other thing i noticed is the train had a hard time acelerating like the cars were really jerky when accelerating like some of them just didn't want to move.

perhaps the motors were also not connecting to each other....

Keitaro,

Quit complaining.  This is Sydney.  You should be thankful that train was running at all !!!!

:grin ... lol ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

not sure how those old tincans work but i think they share power via cable in coupler to all cars so maybe a part or single cable break ???

No, that's not how they work. In a four-car block, each motor/trailer pair share a supply set and other electrical components. If the lights go out, it usually means the supply set has tripped, or failed. The crew cabs are powered separately, which is why the lights in the guard's cab stayed on.

and electronic doors still worked just

The doors aren't electronic, they have air motors, only the control is electrical, and again it's a separate circuit.

one other thing i noticed is the train had a hard time acelerating like the cars were really jerky when accelerating like some of them just didn't want to move.

Sounds like one or more motor cars weren't powering. That, in conjunction with the lights being out, suggests the HT line switches had tripped and not reset. The crew should have pressed the plungers in the DUST cupboard to sort that out...

Mark.