JR West Hineno Depot 381 to Tottori

miyakoji

With the arrival of the 287 series, I guess JRW will be getting rid of more than just the 183s.  This video features a 381 series set in JNR colors, formerly based at Hineno Depot and used on Kuroshio service between Shingu and Kyoto.  Here it's running under its own power to Gotoh Works, which is on the Sakai Line just north of Yonago Station.  Unfortunately it's going there to be scrapped.

I assume the 381s used on Yakumo service, which can also been seen in this video, still have a few years ahead of them since they recently got interior refurbishment as well as the new Yuttari Yakumo livery, which is slightly better than the old green/grey Yakumo theme and significantly better than the screaming pink/purple Super Yakumo livery :puke:.

Check it out in Nimo5's excellent video which also features scenes in the Chugoku mountain range.

• Like 9

Explains the stream of debranded 381s that were heading North last weekend - attached were passing through Shin-Osaka, Kishibe and Shimamoto....pity as my favorite JR passenger EMU.

post-302-1356992824449_thumb.jpg

post-302-13569928244669_thumb.jpg

post-302-13569928244847_thumb.jpg

I wonder what was going through the minds of the crews on those one way trips? Glad they weren't bringing them back or losing an old friend?

Even on the way to the scrap yard they are smart looking trains.