Lowrider in Akihabara

bill937ca

this is why i love modeling japanese rail, so many cool scenes and you can find a prototype for anything in japan it seems!

ok now ill have to save a few of my bachmann large american cars to have in front of a bar with a little crowd around them! maybe a small cam on a motor under the layout that pushes a stick up under the rear of the car to jack it up and some flashing lights! also a camera strobe as well!

thanks bill

cheers

jeff

Ah yes, Japanese low riders. Saw those in Osaka hanging in America Mura on Saturday evenings.

Japan is full of suprising things, like this kids dancing (mostly hip hop) in front of reflective surfaces. I even saw some at 2am dancing in front of a building door.

Bosozoku, the Japanese bad boys, use low riders, drift cars, fast bikes and other motorized conveyances to impress the females. It is not all that different from the 50s in the USA or to some extent now.

If you wish to photograph them extensively, ASK!  They will probably be flattered, they are extremely proud of their vehicles, but if they say no, back off. Some of them can be very dangerous, SOME bozos run drugs and work as sub gangs for the Yakuza.

If you are driving in Japan you may see some of them running motorcycles around and between cars. They can be a real nuisance, but this is usually only at nights and later in the day on weekends, so you are unlikely to be inconvenienced often.

I wouldn't say that about the Bosozoku or the Yankees but in general, yes indeed. It always made me smile to see those guys dress as hip-hop gangstas try to act anti-social and tough. You can't forget that they are well behaved, possibly unable to go into-fights and loaded with money. I could always imagine them going to Europe like that, I think they would lose the act very quickly. Our own "hoons" are not well behaved and pretty aggressive.