Kato - Series 100 Grand Hikari

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

Kato Series 100 Grand Hikari  sets released again.

Just ordered enough for 16 cars.

What coupler is most reliable and most scale for this train?

Has it been re-released, or did they just find old stock? I ordered the basic 6-car set from HS and it went out of stock as soon as I completed my order...

As far as I can see, it's only a restock, not an announcement of a rerun.

Rankodd, the other sets are still available at Popondetta if you want to complete your train,

Skip,

I'm pretty sure it has custom couplers.  I'll check when I get home from work.

Cheers

The_Ghan.

Yup,

The coupler is an integrated system, similar to a knuckle coupler, integrated between the bottom of the diaphram (plastic) and the bogey.  The only optional parts are for lighting, as far as I'm aware.

Cheers

The_Ghan

It would be great to have to my collection but I might have to wait for a while before I get this shinkansen. Plus that YouTube clip of the shinkansens looks great I wonder what was the track plan looks like for it to run the 16 car shinkansens as well I would like to know where to get those the curved platforms.

Guest Closed Account 1
I wonder what was the track plan looks like for it to run the 16 car shinkansens as well I would like to know where to get those the curved platforms.

Well, 9.5 foot stations is a starter.

I wonder what was the track plan looks like for it to run the 16 car shinkansens as well I would like to know where to get those the curved platforms.

Well, 9.5 foot stations is a starter.

lol. That is true and the layout from the video clip looks really big having more than 4 tracks wide. So there must be a very big space for this layout.

Did you mean "modules" or "models"?  I think a sub-board for found videos and photos of layouts (including modules) would be good. And maybe that should include photos of models as well, although we already have the Scenery board.

But this could get confusing, as we already use the Scenery board for info about model buildings and similar, and we have the Personal Projects board for info about poster's layouts (as distinct from the "look what I found" videos).

Well, we also have picture and video galleries which are dedicated to these purposes if anyone was willing to remember they exist...

If not, they might be another way round, like a dedicated thread regrouping links to that kind of threadsm because I'm not sure we really are in need of a board dedicated to found videos.

The problem with the Gallery is that it's designed for displaying photos (and presumably videos but in two years I don't think I've ever seen one), not for discussing them.  And a thread for displaying images/videos has the same problem. 

The nice thing about some of the found videos is that they spark discussion about the layout, or its prototype, or the person/group that created it.  Do that on a thread for displaying photos, and you're being "off topic". And while there is a comment facility in the gallery, it's tied to a single image (I think; I confess I'd never noticed it before today), so you can't really use it to discuss a collection of images/videos the way you can with a thread.

And frankly, I've always found the Gallery annoying to use (why does clicking "view all entries" give me metadata for the image rather than the gallery?), so I generally ignore it unless someone specifically mentions one that sounds interesting in a thead.

Board proliferation is something to avoid, as are boards without a clear purpose. But I find this idea appealing.  Right now we put these on the "N Gauge" board, which is something of a catch-all for anything "N" without a home. And we could certainly keep doing that.  But it seems like there have been enough of these of late that something more specific may be warranted.

Perhaps a dedicated thread for shinkansen models where anyone post you tube links etc for their shinkanen's other model shinkansen's and the likes

Then a dedicated thread for emu's another for DMU's and one for freight or somethen like that??

Guest Closed Account 1

Did you mean "modules" or "models"?  I think a sub-board for found videos and photos of layouts (including modules) would be good. And maybe that should include photos of models as well, although we already have the Scenery board.

But this could get confusing, as we already use the Scenery board for info about model buildings and similar, and we have the Personal Projects board for info about poster's layouts (as distinct from the "look what I found" videos).

Cell phone spelling errors.

Videos would be best in a category of their own.

yeah cell phone errors stupid iphone hehe :grin

I say blame the small keypads if you have a keyboard type cell phone like the Nokia N97 mini :P