安曇野電気鉄道 (Azumino Denki Tetsudou)

Kabutoni

On my quest to find interesting blogs/websites on mini layout projects, I've stumbled upon this layout. It's a rural situated one with fine detailing and, again, interesting ways of using different material. The atmosphere is relaxed and serene, like it's supposed to be on a small private railway in rural area's. The layout doesn't have a run-down nor a shiny-out-of-the-package feeling.

The layout is again based on a fictive railway company, the Azumino Denki Tetsudo. Quite an ordinary name IMO, meaning 'safe clouded fields'. The location is situated in Nagano prefecture and features the switchback operated station of Kasumizawa (霞沢).

For me, I prefer these kind of layouts over urban layouts, as they give the eye lots of ease and more peace of mind. However, a well planned dense urban layout (especially with multiple levels of interacting traffic) is probably more interesting to me as well.

I hope you enjoy this one as well!

Blog:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/gc8hiro/

Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gdbdhiro

P.S. I should start a blog on this! :laugh:

• Like 3
disturbman

Indeed Tony, you should! I also would like to find a way to keep those very useful ressources highlighted in the forum. Maybe we should open a dedicated board...

Very meticulous scenery work. The small touches like the oily look around the switch points, or the irregular grass growing on ballast near the tracks, all add up to a more realistic impression.

Interesting use of wood molding as a scenery base too.

marknewton

Very nice find, Toni. I like his photos showing the construction of the Sankei station building. I have this kit in HO - very instructive.

All the best,

Mark.

His trees and greenery are excellent and the lighting is really good. Look at the shadow withing the trees it is about as close as one can get.

Inobu