Japanese delicacies now available in Brisbane

westfalen

For those visiting Brisbane and wanting a taste of Japan Mos Burger recently opened their first Australian store at Sunnybank Plaza mall in Brisbane's southern suburbs. I tried them for lunch on the way home today, from my memories of Japan they don't appear to offer the full Japanese menu, they may think some items wouldn't appeal to our tastes, but otherwise it's just like Japan down to all the employees welcoming you when you walk into the store and the laminated menu on the counter to point to what you want to order. The sales assistants use the Australian term 'take away' rather than the American 'take out' though when asking if you want to eat in or not.

Now I'm just waiting for Sukiya or Yoshinoya to come to town. :grin

post-218-13569928119064_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
bikkuri bahn

Well now, you have an alternative to the "Golden Arches" and Burger Kin..I mean Hungry Jacks :cheesy.  I hear you about Yoshinoya- back when I was working in Ca's Silicon Valley, I would often patronize the Yoshinoya outlet there, though I was not much of a gyudon fan, as I preferred their teriyaki chicken bento lunch-obviously a localized menu item.

• Like 1
marknewton
Well now, you have an alternative to the "Golden Arches" and Burger Kin..I mean Hungry Jacks :cheesy.

LOL! My son Harry, who is now 5, calls McDonalds the "Scottish Restaurant", and a mate of mine at work refers to Hungry Jacks as the "French Restaurant - Hungry Jaques". Mind you, the Hungry Jacks outlet at Sydney Terminal station is pretty flash. It's in the old interstate booking office, which has some marvellous murals on the walls depicting different aspects of the railway back in the 1940s. Next time I'm in there I'll try to get some photos.

Years ago there was a Japanese food stand in Westfield Miranda, called "Ohmi". I always used to wonder whether they were connected with the railway...

All the best,

Mark.

Found out on the weekend that there is one opening soon at Booval Fair shopping centre in the next street from my house. :grin

CaptOblivious

Nice! I just found Yoshinoya-brand frozen gyudon topping at our local Japanese market, it's pricy but exciting…

Now, if only Brisbane had some decent sushi… ;)

They opened for business yesterday so my humble local suburban shopping centre is now for some reason home to Australia's second MOS Burger store. I walked past on the way to work today (I'll leave earlier tomorrow and have lunch there) and they seemed to be doing as much business as the other eateries, some of it though might be just people trying something new. They are having a grand opening on Saturday with 200 free burgers to give away. A downside is that they don't have access from outside the mall so may only be open during shopping hours.