Scenery Videos - JR West Sankō Line

If you're looking for high-speed shinkansen passes and neon skyscrapers, these are *not* the videos for you. :grin

These three videos show rural scenery, farming activities, etc., along a very quiet line. I haven't watched everything yet, but so far pretty much all I've seen have been single-car Kiha 120s. But the videos are well shot and very interesting.

{EDIT}: Forgot to ask -- at 1:37 in the 3rd video, there's a sign with a black salamander. Could anybody tell me what the sign says? Looks like something I might want to put in a model scene.

• Like 3
bikkuri bahn
along a very quiet line

Boy, you can say that again- only 5 trains a day (see 0:10 in the first video).  Sanko Line in Shimane and Hiroshima Prefectures.

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

{EDIT}: Forgot to ask -- at 1:37 in the 3rd video, there's a sign with a black salamander. Could anybody tell me what the sign says? Looks like something I might want to put in a model scene.

I believe this is a wildlife conservation sign telling passengers not to throw trash into the river.

I'm not sure if the salamander is just a random character, or if there is some significance.

great stuff scott!

i love the station on the viaduct at about 8.30 on the third video. looks like an elevator down to the little village below! quite nice!

cheers

jeff

had to watch these a second time at full screen, they are very soothing!

realized its the guys framing. he had a fantastic eye for nice framing, something you dont see often in video/film these days a lot.

cheers

jeff

Guest JRF-1935

Scott

Thanks for the vids.  Gorgeous scenery.  As cteno4 stated "very soothing"  Relaxing to watch and very nice to see everyday life in a part of Japan.  The rail operation was nice but couldn't compare to the flowing tranquil life of the river and rice paddie farmers. 

Regards,

Rich C

Nimo5 always serves the best quality videos! Thanks for sharing. I've been a subscriber of his channel for quite some time now.

• Like 1