Kato Mother Board Retainer

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

Only removed the motherboard once to find a DCC replacement and now it wiggles itself loose down the track. Already tried using mylar tape to hold it down. It's tape and doesn't hold well in the heat.

Is there a fix or replacement for the little grey mother board retainer?

Guest Closed Account 1

Yes, thanks.

I'm now using the one from my previously owned Black Widow.

Also sent an email to Kato USA Parts.

I had the same type of issue. Flipped it around a few times and it seated. Try using that one on the Black Widow it might fit unless the clip is flared.  

I should add that the clip goes on one way on some units.

Inobu

CaptOblivious

I should add that the clip goes on one way on some units.

Really? I never noticed that they were asymmetric.

I hate these things. Hate them. Spent the better part of an hour yesterday struggling with one. Not because it wouldn't clip in, it would do that just fine, but because it wouldn't hold a decoder down with enough force to make contact with the brass rails. Grr. (Turns out the problem was not the clip, but the decoder design, which, for the given loco, didn't have cutouts for the little gray posts that hold the brass rails in place, so the clip was pressing the decoder against those posts, which interfered with the fit. Still, I hate the whole design.)

yep,

You should be able to just tap the in clip on. Went through the whole process and moved the decoder around flipped the clip on and presto. Flipped the clip back around and no go without a struggle. When we add the decoders we can off set the clips enough where it won't fit. 

I had to solder a pad on the decoder to get good contact on one of my install.

Inobu