new greenmax overhead walkway coming??

As nice as something like that would be, it's seems pretty specific. It's got odd angles for the stairs, and it looks like the back right side wraps around the building as a walkway instead of stairs leading down. I'm guessing it's a display only thing.

yeah i agree, but if its a kitbash then its from a number of different kits. the wide stairs look like the older overhead walkway, but not sure if they are even that wide. greenmax has shown off some pretty wild kitbashes in the past, but they were mainly from the modular building kit. would be great if they did a more modular version of the overhead walkway like this so you could make your own shape walkway!

cheers

jeff

rpierce000

Maybe they will do a parts pack for walkways and let us build whatever we want from it? That would be an awesome model.

disturbman

Very very Japanese, it reminds me the one existing near Nagasaki Eki or even the one (to a smaller scale) which is at the front of Osaka JR (Umeda) Station.

But actually, from what I've seen, with the population aging, those type of structures are being teared down in many places. I guess just a few will stand. I also had the impression people were not using them so much anymore.

But I would love to have more overhead walkway possibilities for a layout. A bit more variety would be good.

I remember them in some major city: Kobe, Sendai.

Near train stations, linking with various stores and facilities...

This diorama couldn't look less Japanese to me! ^_^

ive seen them in a lot of larger cities in japan in areas with high motor and pedestrian traffic competing for the same intersections. usually in the more compact intersections that are still really busy. many seem to do a diagonal and even have sub walkways and stairways to most of the sidewalks around the intersection. i remember one in tokyo where there was a higher level one with a more complex one just below and aside to it. i ll look and see if i can find the pictures i took. it was wild between the 6 or so stairways from the lower walkways to the crazy 5 way traffic intersection below.

the other walkways are the large, broad ones between large buildings that usually have big stair cases to the side walks as well. use to stand on them to look up the streets and get neat views of the street scenes from a bit of elevation and in the center of the road -- someplace you dont want to stand long at road level!

cheers

jeff