homebrew upgrades

kiha 130 hidaka line.

So i ordered a flywheel motor not for this model but looked at the measurements and determined this should fit inside so i am going to try a home brew upgrade of this model.

Wish me luck!!!

as long as it does fit looks to be (tight) i will post up pics of what i did if it's a failure expect nothing  :laugh:

----- If you have ever done a home brew post it here!!!

all right so i was a little bored and decided to upgrade my thomas the tank engine model.

I upgraded to all wheel pickup.

the front 2 and rear 2 wheels pickup power but the middle don't seem to.

So what I did was wire a wire across the 3 bolts on each side and a touch of solder to keep it on the bolt then a touch of solder on the connectors to the motor.

You cannot see the wires once assembled and i can notice much smoother run from him.

stupidly enough i did not take a photo of doing it but will next time i open him up possibly for a decoder install. of course i will have to change the all wheel pick up when i install a decoder

not at home right now so can't tell exact part number but it was a small tomix m4 or m5 type motor?

of hs with some other gear. I have to motor but it's a touch to big to fit in. havn't got the time to file the shell out. will one day it's on the back burner.