Landlord to sell the house I am renting!

john_ibw

Just when I thought I am good at least the next 4 to 5 months and was busy with my layout trying all the cool stuff, the post delivers news that my landlord has put the unit for sale.

I may not be able to find another place easily because I am not in a position to commit to 6 months on a new lease. My employer can and probably will relocate me before 6 months.

I can hope that the unit won't sell, but the adjacent unit sold on the first open house. And, it is not right on my part to wish for it either. Hope it sells and he gets a good deal.

The point is, it just gets more exciting each month for me. More changes and uncertainty. Actually, it was been like that for 15 years now and living in more than a dozen cities around the world. First time however, that I have to move within the same city at a new work location. I have boxes unpacked from 3 moves now. With this and back to base, it will be make it 4 moves. Wow!

Never a dull moment :) and i do not want to even think of the packing for now.

Tough luck.  Doesn't your employer have a relocation service? 

Unfortunately, no relocation :(

still a chance the buyer may use for a rental property though ?

Yes. That is what I am hoping for. The agent is optimistic about it. But then, he is a salesman and a good one at that. So, I will have to just wait and see....

Meanwhile, every Saturday in May I will have to open the place for a 'Open house'. I am not sure I am comfortable living my layout with the trains there while that is on. I will have to come up with something. For now, I am going to worry about it. Next week, I will figure something out.

Thanks guys!

Martijn Meerts

putting high voltage on the track will work wonders, just make sure you wire it so that you can put the trains on sections with regular voltage ;)

putting high voltage on the track will work wonders, just make sure you wire it so that you can put the trains on sections with regular voltage ;)

:)

To cheer me up, maybe I should think of the next trains I want to add to my roster. How about a Tsubame, a Super View Odoriko and a Nozomi 500? I know it is dangerous turf and there is no turing back!

Martijn Meerts

You already set foot on dangerous turf the moment you bought your first Japanese train :)

The 500 series is definitely a must have in my opinion, because it's unlike anything else. If you told people it's a futuristic space train, they're probably believe you ;)

Mudkip Orange

I should think if you have an existing lease contract (i.e. not month-to-month) it would carry over to the new owner. At least, that's how it works in the US....

Guest ___

I should think if you have an existing lease contract (i.e. not month-to-month) it would carry over to the new owner. At least, that's how it works in the US....

That depends on the state. Maryland, that's not always the case. It depends on who purchases the property and what the intent is. A coworker of mine had a place with nine months left on the lease, the landlord sold the apartment to a contractor with the intent to redevelop. The city approved the plans to demotion the property and evict all residents including those with existing releases under Hope VI as per the Feds. There are also the pesky and I find often illegal and draconian Eminent Domain laws.