Sankei motorcycle shop

in the rapid succession of sankei releases i missed this one, the motorcycle shop!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10126408

love the name OHDAN, thats one way to get around trademark issues! guess you can just rearrange the letters on your own to make it more lifelike!

cheers

jeff

I picked that one up, but haven't built any of my Sankei yet. I have to admit - it took me a few viewings before I realized what OHDAN was. :)

westfalen

There are some nice looking buildings in the Sankei range.

I suppose they can't be held responsible if you don't read the instructions and put the letters in the wrong order.

I might rearrange the letters on my car, I'll have the only Ohdan CRV in town. :cheesy

I bought this when it first came out. It's pretty clever and funny at the same time. Now I just need some motorbikes or mopeds to go with it..!

So does the smaller sign lower down also come with the letters cut out so you can re-arrange them?

heres a bike you can have on display in the front with a bunch of gawkers, although probably not at a honda shop...

http://cgi.ebay.com/N-scale-Custom-Built-Orange-Chopper-Motorcycle-/370400602411?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item563d98a92b#ht_500wt_759

too bad the guy with the pewter scooters is not on ebay now, he had scooters cheap and i was able to get enough to do a scooter shop. now think ill get this one for the shop building.

cheers

jeff

So does the smaller sign lower down also come with the letters cut out so you can re-arrange them?

I believe that's printed on the piece of paper/sticker-less sticker sheet but I can confirm later today. So technically you could cut it up and re-arrange it or just print a new one.

clem,

thanks, the big one on top looks like they are laser cut letters though, correct?

letters/logos for signs like this are probably the one thing i could email easily to my friend in California to cut out on his lasercutter w/o too much file/format hassle! i want to do a big sheet of names/characters/logos for signs as CMR did this for the signs on curt's layout and having them cut out really makes the big signs pop and look realistic.

jeff

thanks, the big one on top looks like they are laser cut letters though, correct?

Yup those can be arranged to spell something that makes a little more sense than like DOH NA.

love the name OHDAN, thats one way to get around trademark issues! guess you can just rearrange the letters on your own to make it more lifelike!

When will we see the Mahaya and Sikawasa versions? Or Isukzu?

I believe that's printed on the piece of paper/sticker-less sticker sheet but I can confirm later today. So technically you could cut it up and re-arrange it or just print a new one.

The big red letters are individually laser cut, the vertical blue sign is printed on part of the instruction sheet. Quality of the print isn't great - I could probably do better on my old HP 5120.