Hobbytrain, who makes them?

Bernard

I've come across Hobbytrains a rare few times and noticed they are sometimes listed under Kato. Does anybody know anything about this company and what prototypes they mostly make?

CaptOblivious

Never heard of it, and the name is too generic to turn up anything with a simple google search. Do you have any links or other information?

Never heard of it, and the name is too generic to turn up anything with a simple google search. Do you have any links or other information?

This is a European brand made by KATO, see www.tee-usa.com for their current offerings. I have one of their Swiss diesels in H0 and it's a very fine model on on par with other KATO stuff.

Bill - I never heard of this company and it is in my own backyard. They do have a huge and unique inventory but they're prices a bit high.

I've never seen them advertise in the main stream model railroad magazines, but I have heard of people dealing with them and being very happy.  It's niche market.  But niche markets are nothing new.  Right?

alpineaustralia

I have bought decoders from them. They are not cheap and concentrate almost exclusively on European trains.

I must say, they dont always have in stock what they say they do.

Hobbytrain makes H and N Models of German,Austrian and Swiss Prototypes. Many models but not all are made by Kato. They also make models for Conrad an electronic store and those are by far the cheapest you can get. Compared with Minitrix and Fleischmann their Price is lower and their Models are quite good.