New Release: "Goodbye" 485 series Raicho

Nozomi4ever

Nozomi4ever

It 's quite annoying that Tomix kept on making "goodbyes....." and "goodbyes..." sets. Can't they make "Hello..." sets as well? :laugh:

Getting back to topic ,

Here 's Tomix new release.. "Goodbye again??"

Goodbye 485 Raicho

As usual , the replicas are quite detailed too..  :cheesy

Here 's the pictures:

10146113b.jpg

10146113b2.jpg

10146113b3.jpg

10146113b4.jpg

10146113b5.jpg

10146113b6.jpg

10146113b7.jpg

10146113b8.jpg

10146113b9.jpg

10146113b6.jpg

10146113b10.jpg

And yes.. And since some of them Japanese trains are getting older , we will see more "Goodbye" sets in the future! :laugh:

i have a really really strong desire to get this but... can't afford it.

If anyone does end up buying it may you enjoy it for eternity  :grin

What's so annoying... If you don't like them, don't buy them...

I personally like the "Goodbye xxx" sets but usually only when the train itself had special markings (like the Sayonara 100 series, and why I didn't purchase the Sayonara 500 set). I also like the loco hauled trains too because it is an easy way to complete a set and have everything including loco(s) stored in one spot. A small premium to pay but whatever. Bring on the sets I say!

I agree. I like getting models of significant high-speed trains. For that purpose, I want a model that looks like the original version did, back when it was a headline-grabber and industry changer, not the sentimental retirement version. Japanese modelers don't seem to have the same view of historical importance. You would think a Series 0 shinkansen model in original form would be permanantly available in Japan -- it put them on the world map.

Rich K.

You would think a Series 0 shinkansen model in original form would be permanantly available in Japan -- it put them on the world map.

But they do have a one. Microace released the original 1964 "debut" 0-series 12 car set in a wooden presentation box.

[EDIT] And might I add Microace also released the 200 series Yamabiko "at debut" set and many other non-high speed sets of "historical importance" like the 151 Kodama 163 kph speed record train, etc...