Scenes on a Japanese Layout

bill937ca

Scenery on this layout is large scale vistas filled with greens and browns typical of late spring or early summer.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 9
bikkuri bahn

Yes, this is one of my favorites- both the era modeled as well as the scenic treatment.  Grumbeast posted about this layout earlier this year- I think yukikazeful got more comments from outside Japan than he expected after that!

Guest JRF-1935

Yes, this is one of my favorites- both the era modeled as well as the scenic treatment.  Grumbeast posted about this layout earlier this year- I think yukikazeful got more comments from outside Japan than he expected after that!

That layout and era is.....Just Beautiful!

Rich C

No wonder it looks so pristine, and I hadn't thought about using abs pipe like that.. it seems to work pretty well.

Did you notice the very fancy control panel from about 44s in?  quite impressive.

Graham

Absolutely awesome.  I was thinking his layout must be huge, but when I saw the video for the cover I'd guess he's running at about 3m x 2.1m.  His layout is not overcrowded, just carefully laid out.  Every square foot is a new scene.  Notice when he zooms in on individual buildings or vehicles.  There is a story to be told for each.

On video #2 @ 1:13 I like the way the train crosses the double crossing.  It reminded me of when I used to catch the 7:56am terminator out of Oatley station back in the early '80's (Sydney, Australia).  Those old "red rattlers" used to sway about 2'-3' laterally as they crossed the points.

Video #3 was my favourite.  Great effort with the steam sound effects.  I love the little temple @ 3:11 too.  So typical of rural towns around Japan.

Cheers

The_Ghan

That's a very clever solution to dust.  I'd been thinking I needed some way to support plastic sheeting above my layout (it gathers dust like a magnet) and PVC tubing seems like a really easy way to do it.

I cover with a plastic drop sheet and use those Hungry Hippo dehumidifier things to keep the humidity down.  My time is worth too much to have my work spoiled.

Cheers

The_Ghan