Retomo (Yokohama train shop)

bill937ca

I came across this store while researching Japanese rental layouts.  Its located in Yokohama on a second floor. Remoto has a very enticing wooden display case along one wall with a huge amount of stock and racks of B Train, Kato and Tomix track. No idea of howtheir prices run.

This shop also has a rental layout which at 10m x 4m is twice the size of nfinecraft.  (Ten meters = 32 feet, 9 inches.) The track plan shows the layout as a whole and individual lines separately. Most lines on the layout are 20 to 22m long although line 7 is 45m long. Almost all of the power controllers are N-1000-CL.

Retomo was a sponsor of a rental train layout stamp rally which included 15 model train shops in 2010.  Unfortunately, the 2011 stamp rally has been canceled because of the earthquake due to issues around the disaster area (at least one shop was in Sendai), planned power outages, logistics and confusion. A rental train layout stamp rally?  Only in Japan!!

EDIT: I just noticed a "since 2010", so this is a relatively new shop.

Is it a bad sign that I can identify the brand and product numbers of at least half of the stuff in the first glass case, despite the photo only being 768x556?