Jr Central Museum

bill937ca

bikkuri bahn

I went there last month, as has at least one other forumer (Tenorikoma?).  Nice museum, unfortunately the line for the railway layout was too long for me (30+ min wait).  I'll have to go back when it's less crowded (if that's even remotely possible).  The emphasis is definitely on the rolling stock, I would have appreciated more technical displays (what Japanese would call mania focused stuff), as well as historical, but I guess that's wishful thinking.  The shinkansen track and operations display on the side of the main hall was pretty good, if lacking in details.

I went there last month, as has at least one other forumer (Tenorikoma?).  Nice museum, unfortunately the line for the railway layout was too long for me (30+ min wait).  I'll have to go back when it's less crowded (if that's even remotely possible).  The emphasis is definitely on the rolling stock, I would have appreciated more technical displays (what Japanese would call mania focused stuff), as well as historical, but I guess that's wishful thinking.  The shinkansen track and operations display on the side of the main hall was pretty good, if lacking in details.

Your best bet would be to go in the morning near opening time.

The layout was HO scale. That surprised me a little. (Man, the space you need for HO-scale Shinkansens!)