Trainweb Tomix Website Update

brill27mcb

I have updated the Tomix Modelers' Website at

http://www.trainweb.org/tomix/

There is a new, very long page that shows and lists all of the N-gauge Tomix freight cars I could discover. It is still a bit of a "work in progress." Also updates on Early Tomy railway products, Tomix Control Systems, and the catalog/guide covers.

Rich K.

• Like 3
Guest JRF-1935

Amazing amount of time and effort devoted to this site for Tomix fans - Many thanks to you for compiling this list - Fantastic!!!

Thanks

Rich C

Thanks Rich,

This was one of the first websites I ever read about N scale Japanese trains.  I wasn't sure if it was being actively maintained.  I'm glad it is.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I've added a lot to the site over the past year, since I was concerned that it was mostly tram-oriented, like me. The Spring Worm Drive section came about as a result of reading postings here, since I wanted to see how much of the Tomix fleet was involved (answer: very few current items, but a significant amount of older items.) Then I added the High Grade section, so as not to focus only on the negative. The Tomix layouts, track design snippets and catalog covers are also recent, along with other sections. I announce when I add a section, but existing sections get quietly updated all the time.

Rich K.

Rich,

Your Tomix page is a great resource.  I've only just discovered the "Tomix Track Design Snippets" section ... what an ace that is !!!  Is it new or did I simply miss it?

Thanks again,

The_Ghan

I've added a lot to the site over the past year, since I was concerned that it was mostly tram-oriented, like me. The Spring Worm Drive section came about as a result of reading postings here, since I wanted to see how much of the Tomix fleet was involved (answer: very few current items, but a significant amount of older items.) Then I added the High Grade section, so as not to focus only on the negative. The Tomix layouts, track design snippets and catalog covers are also recent, along with other sections. I announce when I add a section, but existing sections get quietly updated all the time.

Rich K.

Rich - I found the Spring Worm section very useful, it tells me exactly which Tomix trains have them. Thanks!

If you ever need every model number ever released, this site has them all:

http://www.vivimodel.com/index.html#TOMIX

I especially like this page, which lists every limited edition set produced by Tomix:

http://www.vivimodel.com/03.tomix/00.set/92900/set.92900.html

I wonder what they plan on doing after they run out of 929xx numbers (and it looks like it'll happen real soon as they're releasing a ton of these so called limited edition sets).

The "snippets" section of useful track combinations was added late last year. Glad you like it!

Rich K.

I missed this when it first went up. The sheer variety of Tomix track has me almost wishing I haven't had such a big investment in Kato bits and pieces...

I missed this when it first went up. The sheer variety of Tomix track has me almost wishing I haven't had such a big investment in Kato bits and pieces...

Consider this... Kato Unitrack for some reason or another, completely hold their value, especially on eBay. I see used unitrack going for close to what you can get new. And people seem to love bidding on useless lots of Unitrack. As long as you have the words "lot" and "unitrack" in your auction title, you'll get tons of bids. So it's never too late to make the switch. But on that note, GOOD LUCK trying to get rid of your Tomix track cause you're basically stuck with it unless you want to take a HUGE hit.

Well, with the sliding U.S. Dollar to Yen exchange rate, you might get almost all of your money back for track bought in the last five years or so. If the total price with shipping works out favorable compared to the total price from Japan, I would buy it. But I wouldn't buy turnouts not built to the latest standard, or all of the old brown-roadbed  track that seems to show up on auction sites.

Rich K.

LOL ... first time I've ever seen track compared to precious metals!!!

People don't get rid of Tomix track, Clem.  That's why you don't find much of it on eBay.  I see bundles of used Kato track going up for sale every week on eBay.  My guess is these people are changing over to Tomix!!! sssssssssssssssssss

Cheers,

The_Ghan

People don't get rid of Tomix track, Clem.  That's why you don't find much of it on eBay.  I see bundles of used Kato track going up for sale every week on eBay.  My guess is these people are changing over to Tomix!!! sssssssssssssssssss

LOL of course... Availability really has nothing to do with it.  :cheesy

If ANYONE wants to get rid of Tomix track, PLEASE let me help you out! We buy bulk collections all the time and Tomix track NEVER stays around. The reason you do not see it on eBay is the time to sell can be measured in hours.

info@bttrains.com, just let me know what you have.