weathering your rolling stock

I weather my stock quite heavily actually. Well, at least for Japanese standards. The style I'm modelling requires quite heavy weathering, as I'm modelling run down rural areas and local lines.

For me, patina powder works best, but it makes a mess of the surroundings of your workplace, so beware of that!

Attached is a bad quality picture of some weathering; an ED17, some freight cars and a surroundings. I'm currently in doubt of of keeping these modules, or rather go for a small transportable layout instead...

P.s. Forgot the picture...

post-224-13569927868833_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
Nick_Burman

I weather my stock quite heavily actually. Well, at least for Japanese standards. The style I'm modelling requires quite heavy weathering, as I'm modelling run down rural areas and local lines.

For me, patina powder works best, but it makes a mess of the surroundings of your workplace, so beware of that!

Attached is a bad quality picture of some weathering; an ED17, some freight cars and a surroundings. I'm currently in doubt of of keeping these modules, or rather go for a small transportable layout instead...

P.s. Forgot the picture...

Shades of the Iida Line... :cheesy

Cheers NB