Cleaning cars

rpierce000

I have seen the Aztec, the Tomix/Atlas unit, the Tomix "track grinder" and the brass tank car (whose manufacturer escapes me at the moment), but this is a new one to me.

http://www.tgw.co.jp/train/topics/mope/mope.html

Has anyone tried it out?  It seems like a simple concept and it looks like it might not stick on points like many other systems.

Thanks for the input!

rpierce,

these are basically to spread cleaning fluid on the tracks and do a little wiping. there have been many versions of this sort in the past with a pad and fluid that keeps it soaked. i have an old heki tank car like this. these kind do help clean the track, but dont give it a big scrub like the tomix, aztec or centerline can.

i really like the big centerline rollers with the heavy brass car. these give a really nice action on the track and easy to switch out strips of handiwipes on them as they dirty. i use the heki tank car right in front of it to keep the tracks 'wet' with cleaning fluid, this helps from having to re-douse the roller with fluid. just very simple and easy.

cheers

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

Small child or children, bag of jelly beans, high fructose corn syrup with carmel color added diluted with water, old tshirt strips, and some plastic friendly oil.

Refill jelly beans as needed and then return to parents before they crash.