First J-Train "Yufuin no Mori" - 4 Cars Set - MicroAce A2162"

Low_Rider

Really excited.  ;D I've been looking at this train over the last few weeks on a few Japanese online retailers. Finally found it on ebay for half of what I've seen it retailing for, and free shipping.

MA-A2162_08.jpg

MA-A2162_01_lg.jpg

MA-A2162_set2.jpg

It has begun... lol!

CaptOblivious

I love that train. It's a diesel powered excursion train in Kyushu, right? Could you tell us more about it?

Martijn Meerts

My first one was the 800 series kyushu shinkansen. At the time my plan was to only collect shinkansen actually.. Little did I know =)

I've found buying Japanese trains is dangerously addictive ;)

"The Hakata to Beppu Yufuin-no-Mori Express is a fun ride for luxury train enthusiasts.

The distinctive green JR train has natural, wooden interiors, a good on-board food menu and is a leisurely way to enjoy the countryside of Kyushu, admiring the passing scenery from the high-positioned seats.

The train, which has a top speed of 120kph, travels from Hakata (Fukuoka) to Beppu in 3 hours and 15 minutes via Futsukaichi, Tosu, Kurume, Hita, Amagase, Bungomori, Yufuin and Oita."

yufuin-no-mori.jpg

800px-Yuhuinnomori.jpg

Yufuin+No+Mori.JPG

32869351_23829dcd82.jpg

66467220_8f76eecb37.jpg

445788777_13e780d090_o.jpg

Martijn I think I'm on my way to addiction. HahahHA :) There are alot worse and less interesting things I could spend some money on. Plus I've got an instant excuse... 2 kids! We all love spending time together and playing with the only one I have. Hopefully they can find some enjoyment as well!

My first one was the 800 series kyushu shinkansen. At the time my plan was to only collect shinkansen actually.. Little did I know =)

I've found buying Japanese trains is dangerously addictive ;)

Martijn - dangerously addictive, now you tell me! :D

and that is one nice train!

Martijn Meerts
Martijn I think I'm on my way to addiction. HahahHA :) There are alot worse and less interesting things I could spend some money on. Plus I've got an instant excuse... 2 kids! We all love spending time together and playing with the only one I have. Hopefully they can find some enjoyment as well!

That's always good to hear. We really need some more kids and young people interested in the hobby ;)

The best thing about the Japanese trains, is that there are a lot of special models that kids will really like, the Doraemon train is a good example. Also, they're bound to like the shinkansen ;)

i wish i could remember if i have been on this train.  as a young kid my grandparents always took me on random train trips all over japan, i have been on so many of the express trains, sleepers, shinkansans, what i need to do is go find all my grandmas old pictures so i can identify the trains again.

and yes, collecting japanese trains is addictive.

Low Rider - Just to let you know we also have a Gallery section at the forum where you and also post your rosters, layouts or any thing else you wish. This train would be a nice addition to the gallery.

I agree Martijn. These little trains inspire imagination. What kid could resist? I better be careful or my kids my end  up begging me for MY train money LOL :)

I wish I had your problem SubwayHypes. Sounds like you've had some pretty interesting experiences in your life. Speaking of pictures, and galleries... Sounds like if you ever put your hands on some of those photos they would be really great to see! I will definately take some pictures and post them once I get her in and on the track downstairs. Shes not coming home to a really pretty or fancy layout, but she will be well loved thats for sure HahahHA. :)

Looking forward towards the front end, it looks like it should almsot be an observation car, yet the cab appears to keep people from actually taking advantage of those huge ob-windows.

Hi Bernard,

the photos aren't the best, but they help my to get an overview over my collection. Some trains are missing (my Enoden trams and my shinkansen), some sets must get a new photo because they had get new waggons.

-Kai