Kiha 40 question

jakke01

Good evening all,

Just doing a little bit of research on my latest purchase : MicroAce's Kiha40-700 Ezo Red Fox/Squid/Crab.

Can anybody answer me the following questions :

1. Were these operated by JR Hokkaido ?

2. Are they still running in these colours ?

3. On which lines were they used ?

4. Where were they stabled ?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Jan

1. jr hokkaido = yes

2. not sure - i think they use a green on them now

3. Nemuro Main Line (local service), Hakodate Main Line (local), some other lines not sure which i think most at one point or another

4. no idea

bikkuri bahn

These three units were painted in 1997 to commemorate the 10th annniversary of the formation of the JR companies.  The fox was assigned to the Asahikawa Depot, and ran on the Soya and Sekihoku Lines.  The crab was assigned to the Kushiro Depot, and likely ran on the Nemuro and Senmo Lines. The squid was assigned to Hakodate Depot, and ran on the Hakodate Main Line.  It appears the squid and crab have been repainted long ago, but the fox seems to have been running in its livery into the 2000's, maybe until 2003 or so.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

I have that set as well, never was able to find a lot of info about them. Even finding halfway decent prototype shots seemed near impossible ;)

They sure do look nice though.

• Like 1

some one trying to make one from a kit

http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~yuichi-n/workshop/kiha40/kiha40_1.html

http://www7.tok2.com/home/ozora283/2544D.htm

the trains were scrapped in 2005 not sure if all.

Originally one of the 700 series sets were modified for a movie

bad translation for google hahahaha

------------

As a special modified car, a railroad worker in 1999 movie (and choo) 764] that for the refurbished shooting. This vehicle is the top of the window that appeared to resemble the shape KIHA 12 H work was supported so-called "rubber bus window" to the front window of a Panoramikkuuindou, a gangway at the top of the headlight expression changed to light, even numbers "12 23 Kiha" (the final number next number of the form existed KIHA 12) was rewritten. To the headlight sealed beam lamp 2 after the end of filming (called a "pig nose" of), amended, except to rewrite the original number of numbers is used for what it is, "Poppo and issue" as a tourist The appropriation also want a special train.

However, as the aging of body modification in the side, and bad for the environment had been operated by the window and headlight changes, the arrangement of surplus aircraft scrapped on June 24, 2005 DMU. Since the end of the lower rates to attract customers away with the boom "and Poppo" is relieved of responsibility, had been held exclusively in the car. After scrapping the vehicle is divided into two, the first part of the world are stored in front of the location 幾寅.

JR After migration, which had been united band of blue and yellow-green to white color shell, except the color area in April 2010, color Kokutetsu 777 belonging to place vehicle transport Kushiro (No. 5 vermilion) to changed [41].

----------

one japanese person talking about the differences between the 700 and 1700 series

40 Type 1700 Series KIHA: Vehicle Modifications of survival in the 700 series form in anticipation of long-term use in the future KIHA 40.

What modifications, retrofit engines to drive N-DMF13HZI direct three-stage gearbox and associated liquids to retrofit, replacement and other associated equipment, replacement of flooring in a room, a fan of Kurufan exchange and updating of equipment for the one-man operation.

Water tank on the roof was removed, modified car set, the number of vehicles that have been made to modify the original number 1000.

----------

more pics http://heartland.geocities.jp/sekakumo/kiha40

• Like 1

Saw plenty of kiha 40-700's around Asahikawa last September. I spotted the fox there in October 1997 but unfortunately didn't get a photo.

post-218-13569927781452_thumb.jpg

• Like 1