Programming points decoders simple instructions please

keiman

OK now have 3 decoders ready to fit to my points,  ???

I know they come with an address of one and you can reprogram as you would loco address'.

My question is do you program each one by plugging it into the programming track and then fit them to the layout afterwards.

Digitrax 2 wire Kato point type, the digitrax instructions are not clear on this matter.

2 wires to power, 2 wires to point plus programing wire,

Assuming its the DS51K1 with the yellow programming wire:

To program an address you need to put the decoder into programming mode. This is done on the mainline, not on the programming track. Make sure the layout power is turned off and then connect the yellow wire to the same rail or terminal as you've connected the black wire using an alligator clip (or just use a spare hand). Alternatively if you haven't installed the decoder you could just plug the black and yellow wires into the Rail A terminal and the red wire into the Rail B terminal on your command station.

Turn on the power. With the yellow wire receiving the same power as the black wire the decoder will go into programming mode. To assign an address, press "SWITCH" (or SWTCH or whatever it's labeled on your specific throttle), enter the address you want and then press "c" or "t". It's exactly the same procedure you would use to open or close a switch with that address, only because the decoder is in programming mode it will change its address to the last one sent over the DCC system.

Now that the decoder remembers that address turn the power off and disconnect the yellow cable. The decoder is now programmed.

David . THANK YOU very much you have just answered all my questions in one post. :hello2: :icon_thumright: