Micro Ace JR Kyushu 813 100-500 issues..

Samurai_Chris

Samurai_Chris

Hi guys, as some of you know, I purchased what I thought was a new Micro Ace JR Kyushu 813 100-500 on Yahoo Auctions here in Japan...

The problem is, that it has only taken me till now to open it up and have a look.. The first thing I noticed is that the third carriages electric coupler is missing.. The tiny brittle metal piece that unfolds at the top.. So need help getting my hands on one, or one that will fit this train..

Secondly, I noticed that although when going forwards, and in reverse, my orange forward and red back lights at the bottom work on the motor carriage. But the main white at the top does not.. I opened up the carriage to have a look, and now none of them work? Any suggestions?

Chris

As Micro Ace does not offer replacement parts, you could look into Kato or Tomix couplers as replacements.

Samurai_Chris

I got some Tomix Pantographs that look like they will do the job.. I will connect one of them tomorrow... I will just have to disconnect the Tomix metal part from the base, and just place it into the Micro Ace base... Very happy.. Now I just have to fix that front light...

Chris

Samurai_Chris

The pantograph is fixed. Just bought a set of Tomix ones, and just popped the metal piece into the Micro Ace frame, and all done.. A little bit of fidgeting and some cutting of excess metal, and she sits perfectly.. Very happy... Now just got to fix the head lamp..

CaptOblivious

The pantograph is fixed. Just bought a set of Tomix ones, and just popped the metal piece into the Micro Ace frame, and all done.. A little bit of fidgeting and some cutting of excess metal, and she sits perfectly.. Very happy... Now just got to fix the head lamp..

Reviving a topic I missed. Can you post photos? Micro Ace lighting units vary wildly from model to model, but they all have one of a handful of basic designs.