Shooting at Shinjuku Station

If you are visiting Japan and plan to stop at Shinjuku, some trains are still affected by the power shortage. Some things noted this morning. The first Narita Express left Shinjuku at 5:55. Some Chuo line trains going to Takao and returning to Tokyo were using the Sobu Line platforms and had a yellow color displayed on their end and side electric signs. I think that they run only in the early morning. The regular Chuo Line trains are still running. The Super View Odoriko and HomeLiner Odawara are still not running and a start date is still undecided, although the daily schedule status print posted at the entrances shows a 4/9 date. The Kinugawa and Akagi are still listed as stopped. The Limited Express Wakashio and Sazanami ran today. The special that runs to Kawaguchi-ko is also stopped. The Azusa, Super Azusa and Kaiji are all running. On the Odakyu Lines, the Romance cars are still not running.

Best wishes,

Grant

If you are visiting Japan and plan to stop at Shinjuku, some trains are still affected by the power shortage. Some things noted this morning. The first Narita Express left Shinjuku at 5:55. Some Chuo line trains going to Takao and returning to Tokyo were using the Sobu Line platforms and had a yellow color displayed on their end and side electric signs. I think that they run only in the early morning. The regular Chuo Line trains are still running. The Super View Odoriko and HomeLiner Odawara are still not running and a start date is still undecided, although the daily schedule status print posted at the entrances shows a 4/9 date. The Kinugawa and Akagi are still listed as stopped. The Limited Express Wakashio and Sazanami ran today. The special that runs to Kawaguchi-ko is also stopped. The Azusa, Super Azusa and Kaiji are all running. On the Odakyu Lines, the Romance cars are still not running.

How about Tokyo Station? I'm heading through there on Monday en route to Chiba for some Kominato Railroad, sakura and rapeseed meadow action.

bikkuri bahn
How about Tokyo Station? I'm heading through there on Monday en route to Chiba for some Kominato Railroad, sakura and rapeseed meadow action.

You should have no problems.  The Sobu Line and Uchibo Lines are running normally as of April 9.

If you look at one of the train schedule books, you should be able to find out the connections for the Kominato Line. As a rule of thumb, I've noticed that some long distance express types are still suspended but the regular ones are still running.

About my observation on the Chuo Line running a few trains on the Sobu Line. Today was the first time ever to notice them and interspersed with the special yellow sign Chuo trains were regular Sobu Line trains, but less than usual. If I had to guess, I'd say that the Sobu Line trains were ending at Ochanomizu Station and the passengers were transferring to either the faster regular Chuo Line or the slower special yellow Chuo trains that probably stopped at all of the local stations until Mitaka. By 8:00 I didn't notice any of the special Chuo trains and only observed the Sobu Line trains. I left soon after as I decided that I didn't want to cycle home in the rain that was expected later today. I haven't really been hanging around Shinjuku Station recently so can't say more, but believe that this may be a weekend thing.

Best wishes,

Grant