Tomix Cleaning cars?

Samurai_Chris

How do you get this cleaning car?? I never see them in stock

Also the set http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10031222 comes with 1 car but the description mentions 3 ?!?

Are they saying to run with 3 of these cars for best result? Or is terrible google again.

I'm registered a while now but still not in

Martijn Meerts

The cleaning car has 3 functions, vacuuming, sanding/grinding and polishing, that's probably what they mean.

As for getting one. I got the standalone blue one and the red one (the set you linked to) from JapanModelRailways in Kamen, and I've got a yellow one with a DD54 loco from PlazaJapan. The reason I got 3, is that I actually want to try running them all 3 combined behind a couple of DD51's or something. That way I can grind the track to get the worst crap off, than vacuum whatever the grinding disk left behind, and polish up after that, all in 1 go ;)

One thing to note: do NOT run these cars on a DCC system unless you install a decoder in them first. On DCC, the motor in the cleaning car will spin at full speed, which causes so much heat that the plastic bearings of the axle will actually melt (as well as the car body itself around the motor). I've got first hand experience with that :)