us govt shut down

keitaro

bikkuri bahn

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/07/congress.budget/index.html?on.cnn=1#

while this is from cnn and cnn is full of shit, but seriously the us govt need to pull the fingers out of their arse and start fixing the country not breaking it.

Not just CNN, most of the media is full of it- look at their sensational reporting of events in Japan.  As for the situation stateside, I am reminded of a something Winston Churchill once said about Americans- that they will do the right thing once all other options have been exhausted.  Whether that will come too late is another issue.

I filed paper three weeks ago and have yet to receive my refund... we'll see how much longer I end up waiting.

You didn't do it electronically?

Nah, I never e-file, although if this shutdown happens I'm'a reconsider it next time.

I submitted mine last Friday and my refund last night electronically, but I'm in Canada.

Exile s four weeks six week delay for for mail in. Part of he problem is a major change in the tax code. I actually filed first week in Feb got my returns the second week of march with an amendment. They said I miscalculated my returns and sent me an additional 800.oo USD

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/07/congress.budget/index.html?on.cnn=1#

while this is from cnn and cnn is full of shit, but seriously the us govt need to pull the fingers out of their arse and start fixing the country not breaking it.

It does loom as if as of right now it will be a government shutdown as of midnight tonight. With all the bickering about $$$ one would think if any spending should be cut it should be congress taking a cu instead of voting themselves a pay raise.