How often are "Railway Collection" issued?

sportinglife

sportinglife

Hello, I'm quite new to japanese N scale world. How often are Tomytec "Railway Collection" issued? The last one is #13, but it's already sold out! As a rule, do they restock?

Thanks

Marco

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry but until now the "Tetsudou" collection has never been restocked, only some "Machinami" collection (houses and buildings) has been re-released with different painting but that's all!

outside Japan I think the only place who you can find the old items is on Yahoo auction

Ciao

Massimo

Nick_Burman

I have managed to find Collection #2 on Ebay. If you look hard enough you'll be able to find other Collections.

Cheers NB

To be assured of getting these collections you have to reserve before they are released.  You may wait months, but when they are released you are in line.  :grin

Excellent, when is "Collection #14" due?

Collection 14 hasn't been announced.  The most recent listing on the Tomytec web site is #13.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/tetsudou/tetsudou13.html

The web site is in Japanese.  There's no English web site, but you can get an idea with Google Translate.

HS has a newsletter each Friday which tells you of new reservations opening up, new stock and re-stocks.

You sign up for it here (make sure its the model train newsletter).

You could also put your email address on the HS Waiting List Mail, then you will be notified if Collection #13 ever comes back into stock.  Sometimes a odd unit shows up and its in stock and then gone again.

sportinglife

Excellent, when is "Collection #14" due?

You could also put your email address on the HS Waiting List Mail, then you will be notified if Collection #13 ever comes back into stock.  Sometimes a odd unit shows up and its in stock and then gone again.

Already done ;-)

It looks like all (or maybe most) of the Tetsudou Collection #6 cars are available now on Ebay. (Just search on "Tomytec.") They are broken out individually, but the seller grouped the two-car sets together which is nice. I have no connection to this sale. I do own four of the Collection 6 cars -- thought they were nice:

http://www.trainweb.org/tomix/tomytec/ohmi.htm

I think the correct power units are also still available online.

Rich K.

• Like 1