My first accident

keitaro

So yesterday I drove to Newcastle and back about 500km.

When I got back I decided to check the track as I did ballast the night before.

I test every train to make sure they all run fine every section I do.

So I got up to the last one (dd51 Sakura 1805) and picked it up buy the driver cab ibwas holding it getting ready to place it down and the cab popped of and the rest of the train smashed on table then bounced down 1m and hit the wood floor.

I was in panic mode like oh $&@*

It shattered into pieces all side rails trucks gears casin in pieces. 13 to be exact.

Good news is I got it all back together and it runs fine

I have now placed a touch of pva to give the drivers cab more hold as it slid of so easy which surprised the hell outta me

I am missing one piece that holds the spring wheel in the middle in place so I cut some chicken wire and clicked it in that place and glued it. (after searching the floor for 30 mins)

All I can say is thank god. Plus there is no damag to paint or plastic still looks mint condition except for the home job underneath

I'm glad it turned out okay.

I tend to pick up locomotives by the fuel tank.  It's generally a solid chunk of metal that can't be bent or have small parts pulled off (voice of experience speaking), and holding the loco from below makes it less likely to take an unplanned journey.

CaptOblivious

Yow! Glad it came to nought. THe PVA glue is an excellent idea, and is something I apply to any piece that looks like it might go flying if I mishandle it.

i was in panic mode becasue besides the 1700 and 1720 micro ace model the dd51 is my favourite it runs so mooth and quiet i didn't want to loose it nor spen $$$ to replace it.

I've got a few boxes of assorted parts as testimony to locos and cars that weren't as lucky. There could be some merit in the Japanese custom of setting up your layout on the floor, not so far to drop things.

hah yeah i think so west.

My table is 1m high and i was holding it higher than that i really was surprised it made it all fine.